Skip to main content

family matters..

As I was thinking what to blog, my memory rushed with the thought of my father’s health condition. The recent news about him really struck me. I feel scared for him. Although, it’s not that severe as anyone would think, I hope so, because he still looks normal to us. He just had his x-ray result a week ago, then the doctor diagnosed that his artery in his heart is swollen, aside from that his having a high blood pressure. The doctor said that if not given attention it may possibly result to stroke. As of now, he was advised to rest, balance his food diet and take his medications.


If someone would ask me what the most important thing in my life is, it would be my family. Everything about them matters to me. All my life, I always think of them, it’s them who always come first. It’s them who inspired me to keep going even if everyday is a struggle. They’re with me in my hopes, dreams and in my prayers. They are my strengths but in some point of my life they are also my weakness, just as these past few days. I worry too much for him. I hope he’ll get well soon. Every night I prayed for his recovery, for their long life, to be with us in more years to come.


I can’t imagine my life without them. I owe my life to them; I’ll be nothing if not because of them. It’s just right to return all my gratitude to them. There’s never an instance that I think of just myself. In every decision I made or will make in the near future, they will always be a big factor to consider. Since when I was young, there’s one thing that sticks in my mind that I should always be thankful for being a part of this family God has given to me. I should never take for granted all they’ve done for us and always be a blessing to them.


I thought writing about family would be easier because these people are close to me but obviously I’m wrong. I realized today, it’s hard to open up something that close to your heart without making yourself feel sad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

it's a girly thing!.. :D

When I was still working in Let's Face It, I remember I usually have my weekly manicure and pedicure for free. It's because, the training center for the salon's attendants is just located in the 2nd floor of the office. Manicure and pedicure are just one of the few benefits of pampering yourself for free as an employee there. Nowadays, I usually had my pedicure done once or twice a month in a parlor nearby our home, this time I have to pay for it. But, I don't usually have my hands to be manicured, I just don't think it's practical because the nail polish on my hands gets damaged easily. So, what I did is just have my nails in my hands manicured all by myself, that way I won't have to pay over and over again if ever I needed a nail polish retouch.Yes, I can do it. :) Today, my nails are colored by pink lilac nail polish. So love it !.. :D I am not comfortable and confident enough about having a nail polish in my hands before especially those ...

we're not the lucky ones .. :)

Eat Bulaga ! It is the longest running noon time show here in the Philippines. One of the highlights of the show is the “Juan for All, All for Juan” game. It signifies unity among the Filipinos. The hosts will go to a certain barangay everyday, they will pick a winner from the entry box which contains registration forms from the residents. The lucky winner will be given some foods, products and appliances courtesy of the sponsors, and of course a big amount of money. After that, they had also like “bring me” sort of game, they will lay out numbers from 1-150, and all who wished to join the game should bring 10 plastic bottles and a specific thing that the host will ask them. The hosts will pick up a random number, the chosen number will then receive prizes. After each month, the hosts will choose 3 barangays who will win a prize as the most organized, cleanest, and well-disciplined community. The plastic bottles collected from the residents of the barangay were use to be recycle in ...

if not me, then who would be?..

An excerpt from the book Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen: Halley and Scarlett have been best friends ever since they met. Halley has always been the quiet one; Scarlett braver and more outgoing. Halley has always turned to Scarlett when things get rough, and Scarlett has always known just what to do. It’s the perfect set up. But everything changes at the beginning of their junior year. Scarlett’s boyfriend is killed in a motorcycle accident; then she finds out that she is carrying his baby. For the first time ever, Scarlett really needs Halley. Now Halley has to how to be strong for Scarlett. It won’t be easy, but Halley knows that she can’t let Scarlett down. Because a true friend is a promise you keep forever. ~~ This is definitely not a book review. I think I’m not good at it. I just realized while reading and after finishing it, that I can relate to the character of Halley. I remember when I was a kid, I don’t have a best friend to be called. There’s no kid in my h...