Skip to main content

realizations..

These past few days, I’ve realized something about myself, of me being single. I realized that when I’m alone or trying to sleep at night while listening to music, and one of those songs reminds me of my ex – doesn’t mean that I’m not totally over with him or I regret something I have decided from the past and misses him, but just because I miss having someone..


Late at night, when I climb into my bed, sometimes, I get that lonely ache in my heart as I’m reminded how long it’s been since I’ve been in a relationship and to be loved. I wonder if there are also singles out there like me feeling this way. Sometimes, being single subjects you to be engaged in a very stressful emotional feeling. It never fails that there’s a friend, even family or relatives wonder aloud why up to now I don’t have a boyfriend or someone I would marry someday. Sometimes, I wonder if there is something wrong with me.. I’m not the “ms. popular girl” we used to know with lots of guys courting her - however, I don’t wish to be one. Some would say, I should find someone and I’m not getting any younger. The problem is I’m not the type of girl who’ll play the “do you like me” game or rather make the first move and express your feeling in case you have an eye with someone. Not everyone takes this approach, and I’m one of them.


I often experience a twinge of social stigmatism of being single, especially during holidays in December, January and February – an outcast.


However, being single, makes me have a strong sense of myself – to explore what I really want in my life and give importance to myself. Sometimes, these are the things we deprive from ourselves when being in a relationship. I have the most of my freedom and time to better myself. I have more time to do my hobbies and interests.


It takes me a lot of courage to post this one. As I’ve always said, I don’t like people to know what’s really inside of me and I don’t need pity from them.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Don’t be hard on your self… it’s normal to feel that way but I think when it comes to the matter of the heart you don’t have to force your self because if you do, you might end up with someone that you don’t actually love. Love comes on his own time.
On the other hand, try mingling with the opposite sex. Socialize. Meet new people. It’s not that you have to make all the moves just to get a boyfriend but at least surround your self with people that will make a better prospect... okies?

Popular posts from this blog

it's a girly thing!.. :D

When I was still working in Let's Face It, I remember I usually have my weekly manicure and pedicure for free. It's because, the training center for the salon's attendants is just located in the 2nd floor of the office. Manicure and pedicure are just one of the few benefits of pampering yourself for free as an employee there. Nowadays, I usually had my pedicure done once or twice a month in a parlor nearby our home, this time I have to pay for it. But, I don't usually have my hands to be manicured, I just don't think it's practical because the nail polish on my hands gets damaged easily. So, what I did is just have my nails in my hands manicured all by myself, that way I won't have to pay over and over again if ever I needed a nail polish retouch.Yes, I can do it. :) Today, my nails are colored by pink lilac nail polish. So love it !.. :D I am not comfortable and confident enough about having a nail polish in my hands before especially those ...

if not me, then who would be?..

An excerpt from the book Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen: Halley and Scarlett have been best friends ever since they met. Halley has always been the quiet one; Scarlett braver and more outgoing. Halley has always turned to Scarlett when things get rough, and Scarlett has always known just what to do. It’s the perfect set up. But everything changes at the beginning of their junior year. Scarlett’s boyfriend is killed in a motorcycle accident; then she finds out that she is carrying his baby. For the first time ever, Scarlett really needs Halley. Now Halley has to how to be strong for Scarlett. It won’t be easy, but Halley knows that she can’t let Scarlett down. Because a true friend is a promise you keep forever. ~~ This is definitely not a book review. I think I’m not good at it. I just realized while reading and after finishing it, that I can relate to the character of Halley. I remember when I was a kid, I don’t have a best friend to be called. There’s no kid in my h...

we're not the lucky ones .. :)

Eat Bulaga ! It is the longest running noon time show here in the Philippines. One of the highlights of the show is the “Juan for All, All for Juan” game. It signifies unity among the Filipinos. The hosts will go to a certain barangay everyday, they will pick a winner from the entry box which contains registration forms from the residents. The lucky winner will be given some foods, products and appliances courtesy of the sponsors, and of course a big amount of money. After that, they had also like “bring me” sort of game, they will lay out numbers from 1-150, and all who wished to join the game should bring 10 plastic bottles and a specific thing that the host will ask them. The hosts will pick up a random number, the chosen number will then receive prizes. After each month, the hosts will choose 3 barangays who will win a prize as the most organized, cleanest, and well-disciplined community. The plastic bottles collected from the residents of the barangay were use to be recycle in ...