Skip to main content

ADDICTED to ... books !

I love reading books. I don’t have specific genre or what kind of book I want to read, as long as it’s interesting for me.I think it started out back when I was in High School days. I can still remember the first book I ever read, the “Sweet Valley High” which I only borrowed from my best friend that time. It is actually a series book, from then on I started reading different books/novels.

I’m also addicted to reading tagalog romance novels during my teenage days. I can finish reading atmost 10 pieces of novels a day. My mom would get angry at me that time because I can no longer do any household chores because of that, all I do is just read, read and read the whole day. But nowadays, I don’t read any tagalog romance novels, I don’t know, I just don’t enjoy it anymore. It seems like it doesn’t appeal to me now and I didn’t find it interesting compared before, the stories are so common and boring.

During my College days, I love reading fiction novels; scary stories about aliens, ghosts, super naturals, etc. I am a big fan of Dean Koontz when it comes to fiction books. I also like reading novel versions of movies I have watched. I appreciate both the movies and novels, although they have some differences.

Sometimes I was able to influence my other friends and even my sister who’s not really into reading books. They are intrigued on how enthusiastic I am with what I am reading, then eventually they will borrow it from me and then after that they are as addicted to books as me. :D

Right now, I have lots of e-books collections of different authors saved in my laptop, it is actually from my friend who is also addicted to reading books. I don’t know yet how will I read them one by one since I’ve been busy to work these past few days. But, I’m hoping I could because it’s one of my goal this year; to read more books compared to last year.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Gracie!

Thanks for following my blog :)

I just read your post about books, I absolutely LOVE reading (mainly historical fiction and romance - I'm a huge fan of Jane Austen, if only she'd lived longer to write more books!!) Also, I started off reading Sweet Valley High too! I was in high school and I would borrow a book from the series every week! That's definitely where my love of reading began too (that and the Babysitter's Club).

Happy blogging! :)
gracie said…
hi gabrielle !..

Wow!.. that's nice to know that we have the same passion on reading books.

By the way, I find your blog interesting although it's more of a personal blog like mine.

Thanks for leaving a comment here.. :)

Popular posts from this blog

it's a girly thing!.. :D

When I was still working in Let's Face It, I remember I usually have my weekly manicure and pedicure for free. It's because, the training center for the salon's attendants is just located in the 2nd floor of the office. Manicure and pedicure are just one of the few benefits of pampering yourself for free as an employee there. Nowadays, I usually had my pedicure done once or twice a month in a parlor nearby our home, this time I have to pay for it. But, I don't usually have my hands to be manicured, I just don't think it's practical because the nail polish on my hands gets damaged easily. So, what I did is just have my nails in my hands manicured all by myself, that way I won't have to pay over and over again if ever I needed a nail polish retouch.Yes, I can do it. :) Today, my nails are colored by pink lilac nail polish. So love it !.. :D I am not comfortable and confident enough about having a nail polish in my hands before especially those ...

if not me, then who would be?..

An excerpt from the book Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen: Halley and Scarlett have been best friends ever since they met. Halley has always been the quiet one; Scarlett braver and more outgoing. Halley has always turned to Scarlett when things get rough, and Scarlett has always known just what to do. It’s the perfect set up. But everything changes at the beginning of their junior year. Scarlett’s boyfriend is killed in a motorcycle accident; then she finds out that she is carrying his baby. For the first time ever, Scarlett really needs Halley. Now Halley has to how to be strong for Scarlett. It won’t be easy, but Halley knows that she can’t let Scarlett down. Because a true friend is a promise you keep forever. ~~ This is definitely not a book review. I think I’m not good at it. I just realized while reading and after finishing it, that I can relate to the character of Halley. I remember when I was a kid, I don’t have a best friend to be called. There’s no kid in my h...

we're not the lucky ones .. :)

Eat Bulaga ! It is the longest running noon time show here in the Philippines. One of the highlights of the show is the “Juan for All, All for Juan” game. It signifies unity among the Filipinos. The hosts will go to a certain barangay everyday, they will pick a winner from the entry box which contains registration forms from the residents. The lucky winner will be given some foods, products and appliances courtesy of the sponsors, and of course a big amount of money. After that, they had also like “bring me” sort of game, they will lay out numbers from 1-150, and all who wished to join the game should bring 10 plastic bottles and a specific thing that the host will ask them. The hosts will pick up a random number, the chosen number will then receive prizes. After each month, the hosts will choose 3 barangays who will win a prize as the most organized, cleanest, and well-disciplined community. The plastic bottles collected from the residents of the barangay were use to be recycle in ...