Skip to main content

my new found friends ...


Years ago, when I am being asked if I drink alcohol, I would answer right away "occasionally" .. Yes that's true! And that means, I only drink during birthdays, reunions, Christmas, New Year, etc. There has to be a reason for me when I'm having a drinking sessions with friends or relatives.


It was last year when I started hanging out and be part of my new found circle of friends. It was the time when I thought I don't have a friend at all and I found them. These are the people in the office that I thought I'll never be closed to (it was just my first impression, and again I'm wrong). I'm happy with them.



Nowadays, with or without reason, we usually have our drinking sessions plus videoke and food trip during weekends or Friday night after our work shift, either in a friend's house or in a bar just to have some fun or just to burn out the stress from work. Some might find this wrong or that we or they are not a good company to be with, but NO. They are just like any other individual people who just know how to enjoy life. In fact, they are nice and cool to be with. There's no such a dull moment when we're all together. From the first day I hanged out with them and until now, I can say that I already knew each and everyone's personality. They are good people who have good hearts too and like me, a family-oriented individuals.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

it's a girly thing!.. :D

When I was still working in Let's Face It, I remember I usually have my weekly manicure and pedicure for free. It's because, the training center for the salon's attendants is just located in the 2nd floor of the office. Manicure and pedicure are just one of the few benefits of pampering yourself for free as an employee there. Nowadays, I usually had my pedicure done once or twice a month in a parlor nearby our home, this time I have to pay for it. But, I don't usually have my hands to be manicured, I just don't think it's practical because the nail polish on my hands gets damaged easily. So, what I did is just have my nails in my hands manicured all by myself, that way I won't have to pay over and over again if ever I needed a nail polish retouch.Yes, I can do it. :) Today, my nails are colored by pink lilac nail polish. So love it !.. :D I am not comfortable and confident enough about having a nail polish in my hands before especially those ...

if not me, then who would be?..

An excerpt from the book Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen: Halley and Scarlett have been best friends ever since they met. Halley has always been the quiet one; Scarlett braver and more outgoing. Halley has always turned to Scarlett when things get rough, and Scarlett has always known just what to do. It’s the perfect set up. But everything changes at the beginning of their junior year. Scarlett’s boyfriend is killed in a motorcycle accident; then she finds out that she is carrying his baby. For the first time ever, Scarlett really needs Halley. Now Halley has to how to be strong for Scarlett. It won’t be easy, but Halley knows that she can’t let Scarlett down. Because a true friend is a promise you keep forever. ~~ This is definitely not a book review. I think I’m not good at it. I just realized while reading and after finishing it, that I can relate to the character of Halley. I remember when I was a kid, I don’t have a best friend to be called. There’s no kid in my h...

we're not the lucky ones .. :)

Eat Bulaga ! It is the longest running noon time show here in the Philippines. One of the highlights of the show is the “Juan for All, All for Juan” game. It signifies unity among the Filipinos. The hosts will go to a certain barangay everyday, they will pick a winner from the entry box which contains registration forms from the residents. The lucky winner will be given some foods, products and appliances courtesy of the sponsors, and of course a big amount of money. After that, they had also like “bring me” sort of game, they will lay out numbers from 1-150, and all who wished to join the game should bring 10 plastic bottles and a specific thing that the host will ask them. The hosts will pick up a random number, the chosen number will then receive prizes. After each month, the hosts will choose 3 barangays who will win a prize as the most organized, cleanest, and well-disciplined community. The plastic bottles collected from the residents of the barangay were use to be recycle in ...