Social Icons

.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

fly like a butterfly..

A butterfly is an insect of the order Lepidoptera. Like all holometabolous butterflies' life cycle consists of four parts, egg, larve, pupa and adult. Most species are diurnal. The diverse patterns formed by their brightly coloured wings and their erratic flight have made butterfly watching a hobby. (from wikipedia.org)


I like butterflies, I don’t know why aside from its beauty. Maybe because for me, I find it a very peaceful feeling every time I saw a butterfly flying and lingering around a flower or even in a simple plant. It symbolizes different things depending on the perception of a person. Some people say that when a butterfly lands on you it means good luck. Sometimes, it also depends on the color of the butterfly, for instance a black butterfly lingering around your house means death of one of the member of the family. Anyway, all of this symbolism has nothing to do with my interest in butterflies.


It can be use for decorations and art. I remember I had a candle holder which looks like a mini lamp with butterflies in different colors as a design to it. It was given by a friend to me as Christmas present which I treasure up to now. (I know you’ll read this ^_^ ) She said I can use it for meditation, there’s a joke behind this which the two of us only knew (I hope u still remember it until now ^_^ ). When you lit a candle inside it, you’ll see the images of butterflies reflected from the lamp, that’s the best I like from it.


Sometimes, I wonder what the butterflies think when it flies. I see freedom and calmness on it when it flies. I like the simple way of the butterfly lives, the way it picks a flower where it fed on to. I hope people are like them too, that when you want something you can easily decide on what you really want and at the same time you can easily get what you want just like the butterfly it can choose whatever flower it likes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ei... happy birthday! I already forgot about the butterfly thing... hehehhe... antagal na nun noh! christmas 2007 pa... But nwe's, have a great day ahead! I wish u all the best of everything... Luvyah nget!