Social Icons

.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

a quick glance about my goals last 2012


These are my goals set for the past year posted here in my blog last January 2012. I want to check if I was successful in every goal I’ve set. ^_^
  • ü will be more industrious and passionate in writing blog posts.

Well, I must say that my blog posting last year was not bad at all. I started blogging last 2009, that year I made 17 blog posts. A few posts just for a starter like me that time. For year 2010, I have written 33 posts. Mostly, I wrote about my thoughts, experiences, activities and sentiments. This blog of mine has been my virtual-bestfriend for years. It’s like talking to someone invisible and yet I can talk freely without inhibitions. Year 2011, was really a bad year for blogging. I can’t believe it I only have 5 posts for that whole year. I don’t have easy access on internet that time and that year was very crucial on my part. After that I made a promise to write more for the next year. 2012 came, I was able to write 58 posts, not bad right?.. :)
  • ü will seriously pursue a work / career abroad.

Last January 2012 I created a tracker to save and monitor all applications I made online and walk-ins. All the details were there including the status of every application. I was so eager to work abroad in fact I was hoping that would happen on the last quarter of year 2012. Unfortunately, there’s still no progress until now. After a couple of months waiting, I have received some emails from different agencies, a regret notice actually, telling me that they don’t need the position anymore. I also had an almost offer to work abroad but I think it’s not yet the right opportunity I’ve been waiting for. I don’t want to just grab any chances, working abroad is different and which I must think carefully. 
  • ü will go on a diet to lose some weight and fats . ( hopefully, I can do this .. )

It was April 2012 that I finally decided to take diet seriously. I don’t know what’s my weight that time, I am too embarrassed to myself alone knowing my own weight but I think I was 56 – 58kgs. before that’s why I never did to take a chance to check my weight regularly. My action to lose some weight and fats was not to take heavy meals specifically rice during dinner.  I just ate wheat bread, vegetables salad, fruits or oatmeal for dinner. That time, I don’t know if there is any progress with what I’m doing. I was surprised when people around me noticed the change in me. Actually, I’m not really consistent with the diet thing, there are times that I still ate what I want, it’s just too hard to discipline yourself when it comes to food. Last November 26, 2012 I took my Annual Physical Examination required by the company I am working with. I found out that I now weighed 52.8 kgs. They say that I look normal and that I don’t have to be slimmer. Anyway, I don’t intend to. I just want to lose some weight and to be more comfortable with what I wear every day. The funny thing is there is a recommendation and suggestion below the medical result I received. It suggests that I should be in a regular diet and exercise because my weight doesn’t seem to balance with my height and the suggested weight should be in the range of 41.4 - 51 kgs. So, meaning more diet this year.
  • ü  will read more books compared last year.

I don’t think I was able to read more books than what I aimed for. My attention was divided into watching different movies at home. Anyway, these are the books I have read last year as far as I remember.
  •   Mac Arthur - bob ong
  •  Do You Come Here Often - Alexandra Potter
  •  Dear John – Nicholas Sparks
  • Message in a bottle – Nicholas Sparks
  • Ligo na U, Lapit na Me - Eros S. Atalia
  •  Peksman (Mamatay Ka Man) Nagsisinungaling Ako – Eros S. Atalia
  •  It's Not That Complicated: Bakit Hindi pa Sasakupin ng mga Alien ang Daigdig sa 2012  - Eros S. Atalia
  •  Bloodlines - Richelle Mead

I still have some pending books to read, some I have already started reading last year but I haven’t finished yet.
  • û  will try to save money and be more financially wise.

I opened a personal savings account last year. At first I was able to control myself not to touch the money I’ve put in there but eventually I ended up spending it over some stuff and when I joined my friends over a trip to Sabang, Oriental Mindoro and to Puerto Galera. I said I would save again next time but unfortunately until now my personal savings account was zero balance. Oh my! That was awful! However, I made an investment to have a housing loan last September 2012. So, maybe it’s not bad after all because some of my money went to something valuable. In addition to that, I joined paluwagan with my other officemates last November. Paluwagan is an informal saving scheme here in the Philippines. Every pay period we have to contribute 500 pesos, that way I could save little by little. I hope I could save money more this year. 
  • û will be stronger emotionally and logically.

I don’t know if was successful in this. I’m still a cry-baby over some stuff. I get too emotionally over things. I tend to think about things I shouldn’t be dealing too much. I still can’t make up my mind over different things. I tend to take back decisions I have made before which is not good. I guess this is something I couldn’t learn quickly but hopefully soon.
That's all!.. :)








No comments: