Social Icons

.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

why am i blogging?..


A blog (a contraction of the term "web log") is a type of website, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.

Many blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject; others function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web pages and other media related to its topic. The ability for readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs. Most blogs are primarily textual, although some focus on art (Art blog), photographs (photoblog), videos (video blogging), music (MP3 blog), and audio (podcasting). Microblogging is another type of blogging, featuring very short posts. (from wikipedia.org)

I started blogging last July 27, 2009 and my first post was about fractured friendships. I wrote that maybe because it was brought by my emotions with regards to my friends. From then on, I continued writing and posting here in my personal blog - personal, because this serves as my online journal or diary. Thru blogging, I can let out my thoughts and emotions without reservations which I can’t show in reality. I don’t need to think of what would people would think of me upon reading my posts, besides it’s my thoughts. I don’t expect every one to understand me and agree with whatever I post here, all I need is respect as I do respect them.


Although, I’m just a beginner in blogging, I’ve always love writing about my thoughts even the time when blogging is not yet discovered. I remember especially during my adolescence period, I always keep a paper and pen with me. Every time, I thought of something and felt that I have no one to talk to, there’s the paper and pen to me. It’s always been like a friend to me who’ll always be there to listen and understand me. Especially when I’m upset; it’s a relief to me every time I’ve finished something I wrote.


Every month, I always assure myself that I wrote something for my blog. I promised myself that I should never stop my passion in writing.


Maybe this was all the purpose of blogging to me.

No comments: