Social Icons

.

Monday, October 8, 2012

have a taste of my kare-kare !.. :D


I love to cook but because of my work, cooking is so infrequent. I don’t have much sleep last night because I was out partying with my college friends and the sun was about to rise when I came home. I don’t know if it’s just a sort of wanting to have a good shot with my parents after partying all night, maybe part of it.. hehe .. but then I decided to be in-charge for our lunch from buying to the market (at my own expense) to cooking . ^_^

So here’s my masterpiece.

Kare-Kare is a traditional Filipino stew (usually ox tail or pork leg) cooked in thick savory peanut sauce and served with bagoong (shrimp paste) on the side.



i forgot to take a picture of the shrimp paste i cooked
got this picture from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagoong

Actually, I didn’t cook it the usual way. Nowadays, we have lots of instant cooking mix or recipe mix you can buy from the grocery. Thanks to Mama Sita’s Kare-Kare mix, an easy way of cooking. 


INGREDIENTS:
1 ½ k Pork Leg
Garlic and onion (sliced)
1 tbsp. cooking oil
2 pouches of Mama Sita’s Kare-Kare mix
3 pcs. Eggplant
1 bundle Sitaw (string beans), cut into 2 inches lengths
1 bundle Petchay
2 small packs of peanuts (crushed)
½ cup Bagoong Alamang (sautéed shrimp paste)

STEPS:

  • Boil pork leg and simmer until meat is tender.
  • Sautéed garlic and onion in oil. Add pork leg and Mama Sita’s Kare-Kare Mix (dissolved in pork leg broth). Add the remaining broth and the crushed peanuts. Stir until sauce thickened.
  • Add eggplant and string beans. Simmer for three minutes. Don’t forget to stir once in a while to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pan.
  • Add petchay and simmer until vegetables are done. Serve with sautéed bagoong.


And.. DONE !!.. :D

Bottomline??.. They all loved it! (as always..choz! :D) 





No comments: