Social Icons

.

Monday, September 21, 2015

Ms. Independent Me


Who would have thought I could do it on my own? I doubt it myself too.

Before, I always wanted to try to live by myself but I never had the chance to really do it or shall I say I don't have the courage to do it back then. I was so used to my mama who's always there beside me and attending to all my needs, even when I started working. My sister would always tease me how will I survive if mama was not there, that I'm sarap-buhay type.. Everyday, I woke up in the morning with my breakfast ready and my clothes to wear was neatly folded or hanged, that all I have to do is get up and ready for work. Surely, I know how to cook simply because I have interest in cooking that's why I learned how to at an early age. But when it comes to washing clothes, that's a big NO, NO for me. They would always tell me that eventually I'll get married and will have my own family that's why I have to learn it. Bottomline is, I am too dependent to my mama. 

Sometimes, we really don't know what we're capable of until the situation led us to it or left us with no choice.

It's been almost two years since my family transferred to our new home in Cavite, and since then I've been living on my own in Manila. Well, I'm not technically alone because I am with friends and I still go home once in a while.. but the idea of I get to do everything by myself and no one to depend on most of the time was actually thrilling and amazing.

At first, it was really hard. I have to alot extra time everyday when going to work. I have to prepare my clothes to wear, preparing food, making sure I got all the things I need and didn't forget anything before leaving (coz' I usually forget things I have to bring and mama will always remind this and that). During weekends that I wasn't able to go home I have to wash my own clothes (take note: by handwash!), it was really really tiring! Not just my poor hands but my whole body was aching, that feeling of I really need a good body massage after. But after that, it was really great that I was able to pull it off! It may seem like just a little thing for some, but for me it was an accomplishment.. knowing that some people around me had doubts and told me right in my face that I can't.

No comments: