Social Icons

.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

career change?..

My career has been in a standstill for quite a while now, I no longer get any satisfaction from my work, and maybe it’s time for me to make a career change. Making a career change can be a difficult task and it may feel like I will be turning my life upside down, because I will not do anymore whatever I used to do before but, in the end, I may actually end up turning my life right-side up. It is also possible for me that I could end up with a career that is moving in the right direction -- forward.


Honestly, the number one factor why I was thinking about this is because of the salary I’m getting from my present work. It’s never been enough for sustaining my needs alone, what more to the needs of my family which is my obligation to provide for them. Haaaayzz… It’s been weeks now that my brother was convincing me to get another job, I know his reasons, he had to shoulder most of the responsibilities at home because I can’t help him enough. I understand him well with that. That’s why, I easily gave in with his idea to apply and get another job, although I really don’t know if I can do it. He wants me to try to apply as management trainee in a well-known fast food chain here; he said that it would be better to have a job in operations than being stuck here in the office and without any benefits at all. I know it’s not good for thinking negatively but I doubt myself if I can really make my application with it. But my brother keeps on encouraging me that I can really do it. waaah.. I hate too much expectation from them. On how he said it “kaya mo un!”.. as if he’s really sure about it.


Tomorrow is the day of my application, my brother will go with me there in Ortigas head office, ensuring that I will actually apply there. And maybe to give me some tips, guidance and support.. hahaha.. well, he knows it better than me because he is an assistant manager in another well-known fast food locally and internationally. May the Lord guide me for this.. One more thing, I don’t know what will I tell my boss as an excuse for being absent tomorrow.. haaaayz… He’s too nice to all of us that I can’t bare to lie to him but I have to.. He’s already getting paranoid with the rest of us that we will leave him sooner or later since the day when my co-officemate filed her resignation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think i know that girl who resigned fron your office...thank GOD she finally had the courage to move on...and you can do it too grace!it's NOW or NEVER!!(remember!)

P.S. she misses you n...:)

gracie said...

hehehe.. of course u know her!.. ITS NOW OR NEVER!!..