Skip to main content

career change?..

My career has been in a standstill for quite a while now, I no longer get any satisfaction from my work, and maybe it’s time for me to make a career change. Making a career change can be a difficult task and it may feel like I will be turning my life upside down, because I will not do anymore whatever I used to do before but, in the end, I may actually end up turning my life right-side up. It is also possible for me that I could end up with a career that is moving in the right direction -- forward.


Honestly, the number one factor why I was thinking about this is because of the salary I’m getting from my present work. It’s never been enough for sustaining my needs alone, what more to the needs of my family which is my obligation to provide for them. Haaaayzz… It’s been weeks now that my brother was convincing me to get another job, I know his reasons, he had to shoulder most of the responsibilities at home because I can’t help him enough. I understand him well with that. That’s why, I easily gave in with his idea to apply and get another job, although I really don’t know if I can do it. He wants me to try to apply as management trainee in a well-known fast food chain here; he said that it would be better to have a job in operations than being stuck here in the office and without any benefits at all. I know it’s not good for thinking negatively but I doubt myself if I can really make my application with it. But my brother keeps on encouraging me that I can really do it. waaah.. I hate too much expectation from them. On how he said it “kaya mo un!”.. as if he’s really sure about it.


Tomorrow is the day of my application, my brother will go with me there in Ortigas head office, ensuring that I will actually apply there. And maybe to give me some tips, guidance and support.. hahaha.. well, he knows it better than me because he is an assistant manager in another well-known fast food locally and internationally. May the Lord guide me for this.. One more thing, I don’t know what will I tell my boss as an excuse for being absent tomorrow.. haaaayz… He’s too nice to all of us that I can’t bare to lie to him but I have to.. He’s already getting paranoid with the rest of us that we will leave him sooner or later since the day when my co-officemate filed her resignation.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i think i know that girl who resigned fron your office...thank GOD she finally had the courage to move on...and you can do it too grace!it's NOW or NEVER!!(remember!)

P.S. she misses you n...:)
gracie said…
hehehe.. of course u know her!.. ITS NOW OR NEVER!!..

Popular posts from this blog

it's a girly thing!.. :D

When I was still working in Let's Face It, I remember I usually have my weekly manicure and pedicure for free. It's because, the training center for the salon's attendants is just located in the 2nd floor of the office. Manicure and pedicure are just one of the few benefits of pampering yourself for free as an employee there. Nowadays, I usually had my pedicure done once or twice a month in a parlor nearby our home, this time I have to pay for it. But, I don't usually have my hands to be manicured, I just don't think it's practical because the nail polish on my hands gets damaged easily. So, what I did is just have my nails in my hands manicured all by myself, that way I won't have to pay over and over again if ever I needed a nail polish retouch.Yes, I can do it. :) Today, my nails are colored by pink lilac nail polish. So love it !.. :D I am not comfortable and confident enough about having a nail polish in my hands before especially those ...

if not me, then who would be?..

An excerpt from the book Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen: Halley and Scarlett have been best friends ever since they met. Halley has always been the quiet one; Scarlett braver and more outgoing. Halley has always turned to Scarlett when things get rough, and Scarlett has always known just what to do. It’s the perfect set up. But everything changes at the beginning of their junior year. Scarlett’s boyfriend is killed in a motorcycle accident; then she finds out that she is carrying his baby. For the first time ever, Scarlett really needs Halley. Now Halley has to how to be strong for Scarlett. It won’t be easy, but Halley knows that she can’t let Scarlett down. Because a true friend is a promise you keep forever. ~~ This is definitely not a book review. I think I’m not good at it. I just realized while reading and after finishing it, that I can relate to the character of Halley. I remember when I was a kid, I don’t have a best friend to be called. There’s no kid in my h...

we're not the lucky ones .. :)

Eat Bulaga ! It is the longest running noon time show here in the Philippines. One of the highlights of the show is the “Juan for All, All for Juan” game. It signifies unity among the Filipinos. The hosts will go to a certain barangay everyday, they will pick a winner from the entry box which contains registration forms from the residents. The lucky winner will be given some foods, products and appliances courtesy of the sponsors, and of course a big amount of money. After that, they had also like “bring me” sort of game, they will lay out numbers from 1-150, and all who wished to join the game should bring 10 plastic bottles and a specific thing that the host will ask them. The hosts will pick up a random number, the chosen number will then receive prizes. After each month, the hosts will choose 3 barangays who will win a prize as the most organized, cleanest, and well-disciplined community. The plastic bottles collected from the residents of the barangay were use to be recycle in ...