Social Icons

.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

to leave or not to leave ??..

A few weeks ago, I was so persistent on finding a new job. I was determined to leave my present work. Everyday, I have endless complains about my present work, the compensation, the supervisors, and the management. It’s like every day, I am just pushing myself to go to work.

Last week, I went with my two friends in an outsourcing company. They referred us to try to apply in a call center. We didn’t like it, we told them that we wanted a back office position instead, since we don’t have any call center experience and that our previous work experiences is just a non-voice position in a BPO industry. The Account Manager insisted that we should try to apply as a Call Center Representative, she said that we can speak well in English and besides there’s no harm in trying, so we did. Last Thursday, we applied as a Call Center Representative somewhere in Makati. Among the three of us, I am the only one who fortunately passed the initial interview and exams. I wasn’t interviewed for the final interview because there’s no schedule for final interview that day and that they said that I should inform first my current work supervisors about my plan of resigning. I still have to wait until next week my final interview schedule.

Now that I have an opportunity to have a new work, I am now having a second thought of not leaving my present work if ever I pass the final interview next week. I don’t know why, or maybe because I am just afraid to take risks. I’m afraid to leave my “comfort zone”. I still consider it as my “comfort zone” because although sometimes I keep on complaining about my work, I know I can still handle it. I don’t want to leave yet my friends there, I’m afraid I wouldn’t have that kind of friends again in a new work environment, I’m afraid to leave the friendship bond we created. I’m afraid that I might regret leaving my work since I am regular employee there and accepting a new job means, going back to zero with regards to employment status. I’m afraid that I might have a hard time adjusting to a new work. I’m afraid to realize soon after a few months that I can’t handle the new job and that I don’t like it.

Honestly, I don’t know what I really want now. I have to think carefully before I make decisions or else, I’ll end up regretting again.

No comments: