Social Icons

.

Monday, November 26, 2012

One Day



One Day is a film directed by Lone Scherfig. It was adapted by David Nicholls from his 2009 novel of the same name. It stars Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess. Focus Features released the film theatrically in August 2011.

This is definitely not a movie review. I don’t want to check on the technicalities of the movie and be a critic, let the expert to their job on that because I know I’m not good at it. I just want to focus on the story itself, how it made me feel during and after watching it.

What a sad movie!.. haaays .. but a good one. I’m just so sad that it took them years to finally realize that they are meant for each other. I regret for those times passed and missed opportunities for them, too many times that are wasted, times that they should be enjoying each other’s company and savoring every moments of them together. And they have just too little time to spend time together because Emma died at the end of the movie. What more sad about her death is that she died frustrated longing to have a child of her own to the man she loved. Then, Dexter was left behind trying to live his life without Emma.

However, the good thing about it is their friendship from the start. They kept on seeing each other every 15th of July of the year as an anniversary of their friendship and actually the night they spend together after their graduation.

This movie really made me cry. :((

No comments: