Social Icons

.

Friday, March 5, 2010

forgive but not forget?..


Forgive and forget.


Could it be possible that you already forgive that person who hurt you or someone that you’re angry before but you can’t forget what he/she’d done to you? For some, it’s easily for them to forgive and forget, and then eventually they can easily hang-out again with that person. But for me, it’s not that way. When someone cause me pain or hatred, no matter how big deal it is, it’s not easy for me to forgive that person, it will take time for me to do that, and when I finally forgave that person, it’s not easy for me to go back like the old days hanging out again with them like nothing happened. Yes I can look at their eyes, and say hi but never get friends again, it will never be the same again for me. For some instance, when I have to mingle with the same circle of friends he/she is with, I can pretend that he/she does not exist in my world. A simple nod to him/her is enough reaction you can get from me. That’s me.


Some of my friends can’t understand me with that. They say I am being hard not just to them but to myself too. I think it’s not. There’s nothing I can do with that. Once a person earned my trust and respect, I can be a great friend to them but if that trust and respect was broken due to some reasons, it would be hard for that person to bring it back.


There are some people in my life that until now I felt a little resentment towards them, and I’m not proud of it. This is something you can’t be proud of. Although, I can say that I already forgave them on what they did to me, still, I can’t bare to talk to them and be nice like the old days without even remembering how they make me feel before. I can forgive but not forget. Is it odd?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think it's just fine to take time to heal... but as what they say, "älways love because hate will get you all the time". D mo ba nppncn mas nahihirapn ka kesa sa taong naksakit sau? i think we just have to let it go... there's more to life than hatred...